And today we’re throwing the spotlight on the best reissues of the year.
There was a batch of lavishly packaged vinyl, classic albums by the world’s biggest bands and some rarities which sounded even better given the full 21st century remix.
So check out the following and share your views.
RUSHONROCK’S 2009 REISSUES ROLL OF HONOUR
In a year of stunning reissues this gem takes the honours. Beautifully packaged and sounding like it should do on 180 gram vinyl, the outstanding …And Justice For All found its natural home.
We said: “There’s no harm in lauding true quality for all it’s worth and for the true vinyl afficonado it really doesn’t come much better than this heavyweight collection of thrash classics. Some bands were meant to be heard on slabs of black plastic – others belong to the shiny and unemotive world of the CD.”
2. Def Leppard – Pyromania
3. Thunder – Backstreet Symphony
4. Venom – Black Metal
5. Bonham – The Disregard Of Timekeeping
6. Black Sabbath – Paranoid
7. Molly Hatchett – Molly Hatchett
8. Metallica – Black Album (Four Disc Vinyl Reissue)
9. Kamelot – Ghost Opera (Gatefold Vinyl Reissue)
10. Quireboys – A Bit Of What You Fancy